Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lead in Lipsticks?

 Saw this message in one of my facebook friend's profile:


ATTENTION WOMEN ...!!
Posted by Dr. Claudia Pirisi, Oncologist.

MEN:
Do not forget to pass this message to their wives, girlfriends, friends or colleagues.

WOMEN: Lip Care for using!

Dr. Elizabeth Ayoub, biomolecular and medical is issued an alert for lipsticks containing lead, which is a carcinogen.
Recently the brand 'Red Earth' decreased prices of R $ 67.00 to R $ 9.90!
Why? Because it contained lead.
The brands that contain lead are:
MARY KAY
CLINIQUE
ESTÉE LAUDER
SHISEIDO
RED EARTH (Lip Gloss)
CHANEL (Lip Conditioner)
MARK AMERICA
MOTIVES
LIPSTICK
A V O N
The higher the lead content, the greater the risk of causing cancer. After doing a test on lipsticks, lip was observed in the highest level of lead AVON. Care for those lipsticks which are supposed to have greater fixation. If your lipstick is fixed but is due to high levels of lead.
Take this test:
1. Put some lipstick on your hand;
2. With a gold ring on this lipstick pass it;
3. If the lipstick color changes to black, then you know that contains lead.

Please send this information to all your friends. to SHARE!!

I have been buying some cheap lipsticks for some time now. Decided to try it out just for curiousity.

Here are the results:


So far all my cheap lipstick brands changed to black. All my expensive ones didn't. I also checked loreal and another estee lauder, both did not change color.

I don't know whether to believe this or not. Pia sent me a link about it being a myth. Read about it HERE.
They say that the email/message has been going on since 2003, and that the FDA knows about it. They also say you cannot test lead with the gold ring test. And that the lead found in lippy's isn't harmful to body.

If they say the "Gold Ring Test" isn't true, then why did the cheap lippys change in color when I rubbed them, and the expensive ones didn't.

True or not, I think it's best we all stay away from my cheap lipsticks. Maybe they are cheap for a reason? I also don't think it's best to buy imitation makeups from bazaars (like those cheap MAC makeups they sell in trunks of their cars. lol)

I do hope this is not true though.