Sunday, March 17, 2013

inLove with Flipflops

I am a flipflop kind of girl, for as long as I could remember. In fact, I have bought more flipflops than shoes. Living here in the south of Manila makes it perfect to invest in flipflops. I don't know if you've noticed but the typical "south of the metro" girl wear a cute comfy shirt, trendy shorts and flipflops (at least that's what I observed). Laidback is a word often used to describe people from here. Styles change from time to time, but flipflops never leave (at least from where I live). Shorts and flipflops, jeans and flipflops, even dresses and flipflops. It goes with almost anything. It is also so comfy and easy to wear when in a hurry! That's why I love them so much!

 
          Flipflops worn with a simple t-shirt, shorts and a belt.




                      Halle Berry wearing flipflops with jeans


I have been through different kinds of slippers in my lifetime. I have broken a couple of expensive ones (one of it was just used for a week). I have erased countless of prints on the flops within less than a week of using (coz of my pasmado feet). I am also flat-footed. So looking for the right kind of flip flops isn't an easy feat.

Then I came across Caribbean Footwear. It's so lightweight it seems you're not wearing slippers at all. It has this arc that makes sure your feet are comfy and in place. The strap fits like a glove on my feet and you barely notice it (unlike the hard straps in the tsinelas you buy in most tiangges, which gives you blisters). Best of all, price ranges from 150-230 pesos only.



I also found out that the structure and design of the flops were well thought of.

Here is the anatomy of their flipflops:
from Comfort your Feet with Caribbean

The Toe Fashion
The balancing act of our toe is well supported by the footwear's structure without compromising fashion and creativity.

The Strap at its Finest
Our cutting-edge technology has perfected the integration of comfort, durability, and elegance in our strap -Caribbean's own invention.

The Mid-foot Curve
Artistically formed to create proper foot formation and posture that will enhance endurance while walking or running. 



Cool huh? Their ideas and hardwork really paid off, coz really felt the comfort in every component of the slippers.

The prints are cool too! Perfect for summer. mine is pink and white, with colorful swirls. Lots of other cool designs to choose from. My mom has a pair of glittery silver ones (goes great with anything).



It is available in your leading department stores. I always see them in SM department stores and Hypermarts. Check em out! I'm sure you won't resist buying one (or two) for your beach getaway!